Pages

February 23, 2014

Lacôme Rouge in Love Lipstick: Pêche Passion (From the 2014 Spring Ballerina Collection)

God this song is so catchy...I was singing it as I opened my package!

   When it comes to luxury brands, I find myself attracted to Lancôme above all other brands. (to be honest I've never lusted after a Chanel product before!). Something about their shades just pulls me in every time I waltz my way through a department store. 

   When the commercial came out about 2 years ago, I fell in love! I remember thinking 'yeaaaah, that lipstick looks so bad ass'. Now that I reflect on that, I don't know why I thought this was such a rough n' tough looking lipstick... However, despite my interest in the line, I never picked one up.

   Since I've already started a beauty confession post here; I've never been too keen on spring/summer collections. Of course there will be a few products that catch my eye; but as a whole I'm not interested in them nearly as much as the fall/holiday collections. However, the beauty junkie in me told me to keep an eye out. Now I read a bunch of posts and what not, but I still wasn't in love with anything.

   My mother and I decided to head out to a shopping area only 15 min away that we've never checked out and it was a really nice place! Honestly, I never go out to shopping centers...Why go out when I can buy anything I want online in the comfort of my own home?

   I went into a Dillards for the first time and I spotted this lipstick and I was so interested in the shade. Yeah there are plenty of nude peaches, but something about this one was so unique.  


   I didn't buy the lipstick that day though; but instead made a mental note. I decided to look for some reviews on it, but I couldn't find any! After a few days, I decided to just go ahead a order it through Nordstrom (which gave me free 2 day shipping-HOLLA!)


   I am a sucker for a lippie in a heavy, luxurious tube. I mean, they're so sexy. This lipstick comes in a metal tube and the packing is pretty simple and sweet. It's got some weight to it and it's pretty short and stout, but I like it because it feels like I spent a bunch of money on it (which I did- it was flippingly flappingly $28!) 


   It's the little details that make this lipstick so lovely. I mean, a rose on the cap? How fucking elegant!? But there are some other things we need to address. The formula is really moisturizing and the color pay off is decent; nothing out of this world. Wear time? 3-4 hours, which is pretty standard for me. There's not really that much of a scent; it just smells like their skincare. The main problem I have with this lipstick is it can emphasize the look (not necessarily the feel) of dry lips! It's a lipstick that you should exfoliate before wearing! 



   Can we just take a moment to just appreciate the gorgeous-ness of this peach shade and the rose printed on the bullet? This is a perfect nude for someone with a tan, but I think it would also look really nice on some of the really fair girls out there! I know it can be hard for us pale gals to find a good nude that doesn't wash us out and I can assure you this one will not wash you out! However, it may emphasize any yellow-ness on your teeth!

(Built up swatch)
love you Jensen...(you and your butt)
   I think that the formula is really nice; but nothing out of this world. If your just looking for that holy grail lipstick formulation; this isn't it. That being said, they have some really nice shades! If you find a really unique shade and love to splurge on lipsticks like me, it's totally worth it! It's also worth checking it out if you're really fair and have yet to find a nude that doesn't wash you out!




28 comments:

  1. I wish I could wear colours like that but since I have a darker skintone they always wash me out :( but OMG that packaging is absolutly luxurious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the packaging is really nice but I'm not liking th ecolour that much.

    xoxo;

    Glitter DailyBeauty Blog

    Like GD on Facebook
    Follow GD on Bloglovin
    Follow GD on Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous nude shade! These are the only kinda nude shades that dont wash me out!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that is so darn pretty! Shame that the formula isn't amazing, especially because it is a little more on the expensive side. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty, the packaging is cute, and I absolutely love the roses printed on the lipstick itself!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loveeeee that color! So pretty! I am going to have to go sneak a peak at all the shades in the one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving it! I struggle with nude shades so much, so when I find a good one, I'm pretty stoked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, it's definitely a lipstick you should buy only if you are completely heads over heels in love with a shade! I probably won't purchase more, but I really like the shade I bought!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nude lipsticks can be such a tricky subject! Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know right? It's such a nice detail that I just absolutely love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely recommend you do that! I would only recommend buying one if you fall in love with a particular shade! I wasn't interested in this shade until I saw it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh! I love the packaging! :) They have plenty of other great shades though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh what gorgeous packaging, it's soooo pretty. I love the roses and attention to detail! Such a shame the formula was a let down :( the shade is beautiful. I'm a sucker for a peach lip colour :))) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. yeah the formulation wasn't amazing...but the color and packaging certainly made up for it! :) I probably won't pick up more though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Damnnn that packaging.... I fainted....

    ReplyDelete
  16. I looks fabulous! I love oranges!

    MAJOTRON.BLOGSPOT.CO.UK

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never tried a Lancôme lipstick but the colour of this is lovely - and there's nothing better than gorgeous packaging too! Shame about the formula though, as a high end lipstick you'd kind of expect that luxurious feel x

    Kathryn | effievanity

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never tried a lancome lipstick, but the packaging looks gorgeous - there's even a rose carved into the actual lipstick? It's a shame that the formula isn't incredible though, as it is a more expensive product!<3

    lameyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks gorgeous! I've given you the Liebster award! www.nellyandnoopy.wordpress.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeah, it's not a bad formula but It wasn't like a WOW formula, you know? It's like, if I paid that much, I feel like it should wow me in every aspect haha!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw, thanks! :) I've already done it though and have over 200 followers...so I don't know if I qualify!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the rose details in this lipstick too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I AM THE OPPOSITE. Lancome's offerings just don't speak to me, haha. Not a fan of the packaging! (pls dun kill me) I've never been keen on seasonal makeup collections either, but somehow I paid attention to them this season and WHOOPS, THERE GOES MY BANK ACCOUNT.
    This lipstick shade is GORGEOUS THOUGH. LIKE JENSEN'S BUTT.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The packaging award looks so nice on this product sad to hear its just so so. I love the Elizabeth Arden lipsticks the formula is really amazing!
    erinandkatherine.blogstop.ca

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an amazing shade!!! And I love the detail on the actual bullet, so pretty!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I haven't used Lancôme in years for their lip products. But I just to love the juicy tubes? I saw this collection the other day and fell in love, such a gorgeous shade!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, feel free to leave one!