Pages

March 1, 2014

Drugstore Gem: Flower Beauty Color Play Créme Eyeshadows in Awesome Blossom, Midnight Garden and Time Willow Tell


   Remember when Drew Barrymore came out with her own drugstore line with luxurious packaging and unique shades? WHY AREN'T PEOPLE STILL TALKING ABOUT IT?! I have been a HUGE fan of her line and to be honest, I haven't been disappointed with a product yet! Sure, some of the products aren't holy grail status, but still good! Anyway, I wanted to share with you guys one of my favorite eye products because I just picked up 2 more the other day! That's right, Wal Mart has a bunch of Hard Candy and Flower products on sale so check them out! I got 2 more eyeshadows for $2.50 and a lipstick for $3.

Can you tell that I liked Awesome Blossom? I think I wore it everyday for like 2 months last year haha!
   So if you can't find these lovelies on sale, they retail for around $7. Not super inexpensive, but still under the $10 mark. Let me go ahead and say that the packaging is luxurious, I mean rose gold and white? And the packaging is glass so it has that expensive feel to it. The cap twists off to reveal a stopper (like the LÓreal infallibles) and a weird mousse looking product. It's very creamy to the touch and super duper opaque! A little bit goes a long way!

   All the shades are super shimmery novas of loveliness. Wear time is decent, but I do experience slight creasing without a primer, so keep that it mind! I actually found that some shades were more prone to creasing (cough cough, Time Willow Tell) They're gorgeous on their own and can create some stunning combos with other shadows. For example, MAC's cranberry with Awesome Blossom is like sooo amazing, I mean sweet nibblets!!!

One swatch, no primer:
(L-R) Time Willow Tell, Awesome Blossom and Midnight Garden

preach it Obama

While one shade creased a bit, the others were great by themselves! I do recommend wearing a primer with these, but other than that, I'm really impressed! Definitely check them out and see if you can get a bargain! 


32 comments:

  1. Wow, these are really pretty! I don't have a Walmart close to me unfortunately but next time I accidentally drive by one I'll def. keep these in mind if I decide to pop in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. El-The Beauty IsleMarch 1, 2014 at 7:19 PM

    These shadows are so pretty! I don't have a Walmart by me but if I ever find myself drive by one I'll def. keep these in mind if I decide to pop in! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the dark shimmery brown one and they are really good quality! I gave mine a so-so review due mostly to the messiness, which I think felt worse because the shade I have is so dark. I'd love to try these in a lighter shade- Awesome Blossom looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Midnight garden look so freaking pretty, I'm so annoyed that I can't get them over here!


    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these look great! The only thing for me is that I don't ever shop at Walmart, so I wish I could find these in other places. Both the packaging and the colors are super pretty, and it sounds like you got a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shalunya TheChronicBeautyMarch 2, 2014 at 8:08 AM

    I love these. After seeing these colors I realize that I really need to get some more!!!! I love these colors. Great review darling! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to wear primer with everything, my lids are so oily. I've yet to try any of the Flower line, I'll keep these in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah, they can be a bit messy! I found a great brush to use with them... I just can't remember the name! haha! When I remember I'll let you know because it really did make all of the difference with those shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  9. where I live...all we have is a Wal-Mart haha! If I need to go to a drugstore, it's either Wal-Mart or a 30 min drive to the next town! Next time you're in one, definitely check her line out because it's worth your time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look gorgeous! too bad I cant find them here :( Great review! xo's

    ReplyDelete
  11. These sound lovely, but I'm not sure we can get them in the UK! Such a shame because they're really pretty :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why can't all makeup be international? Haha there are so many European brands i wish wehad in the US!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aren't they? I rarely want to buy an entire line... But these might be an exception!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have just one of these : midnight garden and i love it ! Perfect for a smokey eye and so easy to work with . The green color looks nice too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard such mixed reviews on these so I haven't tried them, but the colors do look gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome Blossom is gorgeous! I haven't tried anything from her line...the Walmart I go to is so nasty and all the packaging is usually ripped open. So I tend to stay away from makeup when I shop there. Thanks for sharing!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow these shades are sooo pretty, and I never see this brand mentioned on blogs either - which is such a shame, as it looks really nice! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. jfc Apple Blossom and MIDNIGHT GARDEN, GIMME.
    I found Flower at a Walmart while I was in the States once and I REGRET NOT PICKING UP ANYTHING. (But as nice as the rose gold + white is, I'm still not sold on the packaging)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been super impressed with the brand! I know you love lippies, and I would recommend you check their lipsticks and glosses out! I really like the black packaged lipsticks; they're uber pigmented and moisturizing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. well next time your in the US, I'm telling you, you neeeeeeed some of her stuff! I've heard good things about her blusher/bronzers sooo... :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The brand received a lot of hype when it first launch, but then it just stopped! I feel like it's my goal to spread the word haha!

    ReplyDelete
  22. some people find them messy, but I've found some brushes that really work well with this product! Oily eyelids might struggle with this product; so that's something to keep in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm saving midnight garden for a smokey look too :) I wore the green shade to school and I loved with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. :(( It's really a shame! I hope they expand into other countries soon!

    ReplyDelete
  25. if your eyelids are oily, I would definitely recommend a primer and maybe even setting it with another shadow!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your review reminded me why I loved them! When I saw they were on sale, I didn't hesitate to try out some more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really wish the brand would expand into different stores and countries; but then again, it's only a year old!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I wish they were in your country too! :(( Hopefully they'll branch out into other countries one day!

    ReplyDelete
  29. YOU KNOW HOW TO SELL ME PRODUCTS, EH ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. The pigmentation looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love these shadows - they don't dry out right away either. I've had some since they launched and they're still just as creamy as when I bought them. I definitely need a primer with them too. LOVE Awesome Blossom! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, feel free to leave one!