Pages

March 5, 2014

February Yays and Nays


Let's just say that my shopping habit growth has been...exponential! I've been trying out so many products lately (most I haven't even told you about!) and here's some of the ones that really stood out to me:


  • Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder: 
    • Seeing this at the drugstore and doing some research on the history of the brand made me curious about this little guy, but not curious enough to purchase it..However, the wonderful Tati started raving about this and I knew I needed it in my life. I actually bought this in December, and I've loved it ever since. I honestly can't explain it, it just makes you look flawless. It doesn't look powdery, but still sets your makeup! Also, it comes with the insane amount of 65 grams!! For only $7, everyone should try it!
  • Orly Polish in Synchro:
    • I found an Orly duo on sale at Ross and since I've never tried an Orly polish before, I said why not? The formula is the standard good quality polish (China Glaze, OPI, Essie, etc) but it's this shade that makes it stunning! It's a magenta base with two different shifts; an indigo and burnt orange. Depending on the lightening or any sort of base polish; different tones show up! I'm constantly playing and reapplying this! :)
  • Tarte Glamazon Lipstick in Foxy: 
    • I included this in a haul HERE and promised you guys an update...well here it is... I'm in love! Not only is this shade bright and opaque, but it's creamy and long wearing! I notice some slight drying throughout the wear time, but nothing uncomfortable. It also stays in place so well, I don't even bother with a lip liner! And how cute is that bamboo tube?! Anyway, I highly recommend this lipstick; it's definitely worth the splurge!
  • Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer:
    • This conceal and matching foundation has received a lot of love in the beauty community and I understand why! I realized that I didn't own too many concealers, so I've been trying out a bunch lately. For only $4, you get a concealer that really highlights and conceals! It also doesn't settle into fine lines and looks naturally flawless. My only complaint is that I don't like the squeezie tube/brush applicator; but that's just a personal preference!
  • Skin 79 Gold Label BB Cream
    • I don't know what made me want an asian bb cream; I just did. I ordered this from Amazon and I'm pretty sure I found a good supplier. It came a week or two early, which is a huge plus! It gives me medium coverage, but still looks so natural and hydrating (but not oily!). It also matches me fairly well (which never happens), the only problem is a grey undertone. However, this doesn't affect me once it's blended out! 


  • Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Last Extending Treatment Mascara:
    • It wouldn't be a yays or nays post without the nays...right? I got this at Ross for only $8! Originally retailing for $20, I was just pumped to own such a luxurious mascara with such a weighty gold tube! However, I hate this mascara. First off, the finish it gives is not spectacular! Sure it adds some length, maybe a little volume, but nothing else! It doesn't hold a curl and it's so messy. For some reason, I always get it everywhere! It also never sets; it feels wet throughout the day and smudges from the slightest touch.. Weirdly, it also flakes too! I'm just not digging this guy....

I also usually post some non-beauty favorites, but I honestly can't think of anything....it was a pretty boring month for me! I'm just trying to get school over with and jump into summer at this point...and then I depress myself when I realize it's not even spring yet




27 comments:

  1. What a shame about the mascara, but at least you didn't shell out major $$$ for it!! That lipstick sounds amazing, and the tube is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the matching perfection foundation and concealer. the foundation is my favorite cjpice for every day use.


    morganlorraine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very picky with mascaras so I understand how you feel T______T I'm sorry about that. Also.. I want that concealer to match my foundation! :D x


    www.definitelymycupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to try the Rimmel concealer. I have contemplated buying it many times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. You have a great one and I'm your new follower!

    I love this coty powder too!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth Arden makeup products in general just leave me flat, for some reason. I keep hoping they'll turn a corner.....but it hasn't happened yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to get my ass to Ross. People keep finding these nice clothes and cosmetics. That sucks about the mascara! :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love with the packaging of the lipstick! I'm constantly playing with it ;)
    I know right? It would be awful if I actually spent $20!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a real beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still haven't checked out the foundation! I'm so impressed with this foundation that I might have to give that one a go soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want the foundation to match my concealer haha! :) thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. for only a couple of bucks, you can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I use to be terrified of powders because of my dry patches, but this one is truly flawless! and thank you! I love your blog too so it's never a problem checking out your latest posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for telling me this! I think I'll ignore the brand for now on!

    ReplyDelete
  15. it's so unique! I highly recommend it if you can get your hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this was my first time and I was super impressed! They also had so many cool stuff for blogging and makeup organization! Definitely a beauty blogger's dream! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ugh, I hate that brush on the Rimmel concealer too, which is why I've stayed away from buying it. (IT LOOKS SUPER UNHYGIENIC :( )
    TRYING OUT SO MANY PRODUCTS, EH? Someone's drowning in products ;)

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wish we had Ross in Canada, I hear of so many great deals.
    BUT on with the beauty... I really really need to try that Rimmel concealer.
    Covers and highlights! Sold!
    Amazing honestly reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have tagged you on the Beauty Procrastination Tag. Feel free to do it if you'd like! www.definitelymycupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow that Rimmel Concealer sounds amazing - I wish we had that type here in the UK. We have one but it doesn't highlight so this looks like a much better, improved version! xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  21. I need to find that Coty powder, it sounds amazing! :)

    BeyondBlush

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm hearing so much good stuff about that Rimmel concealer! Guess I'm going to have to try it out for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this idea of a blog post! I'm so glad you mentioned the Elizabeth Aden mascara, I've seen in about, and I've been compelled by its beautiful packaging, going to mark this as a no go now!

    http://iyananikita.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I use the same BB cream !!! ^_^ my friend gave it to me because the grey base was a bit weird. I was surprised by the result, it was natural and flawless!
    lilynotlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the Coty Airspun powder! It's great for summer when I look like a grease ball. It keeps my makeup from sweating off my face. xx

    Kenzie | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  26. El-The Beauty IsleMarch 20, 2014 at 10:08 PM

    Oh, you make me want to try the Rimmel concealer! That's a bummer about the mascara though. But at least you only paid $8 for it! Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, feel free to leave one!