March 8, 2014

Limited Edition Revlon Super Lusterous lipstick in Icy Violet


   Hey guys, so I have a fairly short post for you all today...which is weird because my posts are usually obnoxiously long! I don't get into collections too often, but I have been searching high and low for this collection. I just adored the idea of bringing back some vintage shades :) If you follow me on instagram, you've seen this picture already:

   The weird thing about this collection is that they only display 2 of each (meaning you might have to do some pushing and shoving to get the shades you want).....after some thinkidy thinking, I decided to just get Icy Violet. Icy Violet was originally released in 1946, which I thought was really interesting because I would never associate this color with the forties! It's a mauve-y, violet shade with a slight indigo frost. The frost is actually very subtle and shouldn't intimidate any of you!

Ads from: ladyviolette.com



Like the other super lusterous lipsticks, it was creamy and nicely pigmented! I'm really digging this shade, but I don't think I'll be rocking it too much this season...might have to stash this away for fall/winter!

Did you get your hands on this collection? What shade/s did you get?